Healthy Mouth and Happy Body
Dr Le and associates at Rawson Dental can help you maintain a healthy mouth and a happy body!
Break the cycle of poor oral health!
Monitor your oral health + identify your risk factors + treat disease + maintain your health!
We can monitor your oral health!
And that’s significant because your oral health affects the health of your body as well as the health of your teeth, gums, jaws and mouth!
Your body is put at risk by poor oral inflammation + these risk factors:
- pregnancy or nursing a baby
- tobacco use of any sort
- personal and/or family history of diabetes, heart attack, stroke, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart murmur or gum disease
- heavy alcohol consumption
- medications that result in a dry mouth.
Oral inflammation can impact on your:
- oral inflammation has been linked to Alzheimers and dementia
- oral inflammation is linked to increased blood clots that lead to stroke.
- oral inflammation is linked to oral cancer – for both smokers and non-smokers
- oral cancer’s survival rate is 22% when undetected, but almost 100% when detected early.
- oral inflammation can raise your risk of heart attack 13.6 times, which is twice the risk of smoking heavily.
- oral inflammation can increase your susceptibility to pneumonia and bronchitis.
- oral inflammation stresses your kidney’s reaction to fighting disease
- a link between oral inflammation and kidney failure is being researched currently.
- oral inflammation may disrupt your blood sugars and result in diabetes
- oral inflammation has been linked to pancreatic cancer.
Additionally, oral inflammation:
- is linked to osteoporosis and arthritis
- puts women at greater risk of breast cancer
- puts men at risk of erectile disfunction
- puts pregnant women at greater risk of pre-term births
- is linked to stomach ulcers
- is being researched as a link to infertility.
Make An Appointment Today